US, UK, Hong Kong & International Tax Advice

US Tax Services

Our US tax team offers a full range of U.S. tax compliance and consulting services to individuals, fiduciaries, family offices and private and public companies. These services include:

  • Federal, State and Local Income Tax Preparation and Planning for –
    • Individuals
    • Estates
    • Trusts
    • Partnerships
    • Corporations
  • Report of Foreign Bank and Financial Accounts (FBAR) Preparation
  • Trust, Estate and Gift Tax Compliance
  • Offshore Voluntary Disclosure Program (OVDP) Consulting
  • Filing of Back Taxes to Fulfill U.S. Tax Obligations
  • U.S. Expatriate Tax Consulting
  • Representation before the Internal Revenue Service
  • Consulting with individuals considering relinquishing their US citizenship or permanent residency, including preparation of Form 8854
  • Planning and compliance for Americans and Green Card Holders with ownership in foreign corporations

UK Tax Services

We assist our clients for UK tax return filings for individuals, offshore and onshore companies. UK tax returns are required when UK sourced income arises. Certain non-resident individuals or companies must file a UK tax return when they receive income, such as rental income, UK pension, or trading profits that are deemed to arise in the UK.

The main forms of UK tax related to individuals are as follows:

  • Income tax, depending on your residency and the type of income (see below).
  • Capital gains tax, depending on your residency.
  • Inheritance tax, depending on your domicile and the location of the asset.

The UK provides many general exemptions from UK tax for non-residents, or, where resident, to non domiciled people. However, such exemptions do not apply to UK sourced income, such as rental on UK properties, or receipts rom UK pension schemes, etc. The capital gains tax exemption for residential property also no longer applies in full. In addition, there are several anti-avoidance measures for people who become non UK resident for a short period (less than 5 full tax years) such as:

  1. Dividends received from a close company (one owned by 5 or fewer people); and
  2. Receipts from life insurance policies and lump sums from pension schemes.
  3. Capital Gains arising.

HK Tax Services

We offer services in all aspects of Hong Kong tax compliance and consulting services, including preparing:

  • Individual’s Tax Return
  • Property Tax Return
  • Profit Tax Return
  • Employer’s Tax Return
  • Tax Filing Extensions
  • Offshore Claims
  • Time-Apportionment Claims

International Tax Services

As international tax specialists we have the skill and experience to tackle such complexities, including:

  1. International corporations with operations in another country being deemed to have a permanent establishment in a country, and so taxable there
  2. Tax treaty benefits and how to make the most benefit from them
  3. Reviewing or instigating transfer pricing policies for inter-company transactions so that these are tax efficient and comply with relevant tax legislation.
  4. The risk of employees or contractors of a company working on a project in another country and finding themselves becoming tax resident in that country.

Accounting Services

In addition to tax advice, we provide accounting services. We are happy to assist our clients to maintain and manage the company’s accounts to the audit standard and then liaise with auditors for the annual audit exercise.

Back to Top